Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Accidental Masterpiece Intro

This week we started to read the book The Accidental Master Piece: On the Art of Life and Vice Versa By Michael Kimmelman, and where did we start at the introduction of course. Within the 7 page introduction we get three stories and a bunch of jibber jabber. Now I enjoyed what I read. I thought it was extremely well written and thought out as well as intelligent. My only problem was that there was a lot crammed onto 7 pages and that made it a little hard to follow with the three different stories going on. Other than that I like the book so far and Kimmelman seems very smart and like he knows what he's doing. He also makes some very good points and phrases. From what I can gather Kimmelman is saying that living life is art itself and doing what you love is a masterpiece. Like collecting light bulbs or falling in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment