Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Scene from Bonnard's Life

Bonnard and Matisse are at dinner talking.

BONNARD
It's so great to see you Matisse. We can finally talk face to face instead of in letters.

MATISSE
I know! It's great to see you. How is Marthe?

BONNARD
She is good but her misanthropy is really driving me up the wall. Not being able to talk to anyone is driving me insane.

MATISSE
Hey, You chose her over all those other women.

BONNARD
She was such a joy to paint and was such an interesting person.I didn't want to lose the ability to paint her, some of my best works are because of her.

MATISSE
Then don't complain, this was your doing and if I must admit you aren't the most sane yourself.

BONNARD
Well can you blame me I am and artist, we have to be atleast a little bit crazy after all. Now I must go before Marthe thinks you are trying to steal my tricks.


No comments:

Post a Comment